Terms & Conditions
Delivery and returns policies are outlined on the web pages with the same name.
Linking to the Paper Bags Ireland website
Unless you have received written consent from Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging to the contrary, you may only use the Paper Bags Ireland web site and any information for personal, non-commercial purposes. Except in connection with your authorised use, you may not copy, modify, display, license, distribute, transmit, or download any information without prior written consent from Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging. In particular, by proceeding to access this web site, you agree not to reproduce material from this web site for any purpose, including by featuring prices of any Paper Bags Ireland products on any other web site or other on-line service, nor gather such material by the use of any “deep-link,” “page-scrape,” “robot,” “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology.
Users may not contribute post or transmit any unlawful, defamatory or threatening material that could constitute a criminal offence. Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Ltd. reserves the right not to publish, or to remove, any content deemed to be inappropriate for any reason whatsoever.
The website is accessed and used at your own risk. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that all details on the website are current and contain no inaccuracies or errors, no guarantees are made that the website’s content will be error free, accurate and current at all times. If and when a mistake is noticed we will correct it as soon as possible and will ensure that all efforts are made to notify affected users.
Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging shall be under no liability whatsoever to the user for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) suffered by the user whether in contract or negligence or otherwise howsoever, whether for loss or damage to property or for death or bodily injury or otherwise howsoever in respect of any products supplied or work done by the user.
Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging advises that any product purchased on the website by a user should be researched to ensure that the product purchased will perform to the users needs if further work is required to be performed on the product. This includes printing, digitial printing, finishing processes or any other function where the product is altered in any means either by the user or a third party.
The user shall indemnify Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging against any claim made against Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging by a third party arising out of products supplied and work performed by the user for their users. In the event of any claim by the user, the remedies of the user shall be limited to damages. Under no circumstances shall the liability of Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging exceed the total price of the products in question.
- The copyright in any design drawn for the Buyer by the Company or its representative shall belong solely to the Company.
Price variation Estimates are based on Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited’s current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
- Tax: Prices quoted are net of VAT. VAT will be charged at the current rate.
- Preliminary work: All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer’s request shall be charged.
- Proofs: In the case of printed bags, alterations from the original copy on and after the first proof, including alterations in style, will be charged extra. No responsibility will be accepted for any errors in proofs which have been passed by the buyer.
- Suitability of goods: For any specific purpose cannot be guaranteed by the sellers.
- PrintingWe shall endeavour to match a colour as close as possible but we cannot guarantee an exact match.
- MaterialWhilst every effort will be made to supply material in accordance with the quality of samples submitted or quoted for, the contract is not a contract of sale by sample.
- Industry toleranceQuotations are conditional upon a margin of 10% being allowed for overs or shortage, the exact quantity delivered will be the quantity invoiced. Thickness in materials and size given is calculated at +/- 10%.
- Delivery of work shall be accepted when lendered and thereupon, or, if earlier, on notification that the work has been completed the ownership shall pass and payment shall become due.
- Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for delivery of the work to the customer’s address as set out in the estimate. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed an extra may be charged to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
- Failure to deliver within the time stated, on the part of the seller shall not entitle the buyers to any claim upon the sellers by reason of such a failure. Delivery times are approximate and commence from confirmation of all order details.
- We use 3rd Party professional couriers to deliver your items or a palletised delivery service depending on the size and weight of the products that you order. Therefore we cannot be held responsible in the event of service interruptions or failures caused by events beyond Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging ‘s control. Please allow 1-2 working days. We will endeavour to contact you as soon as we are aware of such delays.
- Please note that late payment may cause a delay in the delivery of your order.
- Claim limitationAny claim by the buyer that the goods are not in accordance with the specification is limited to the replacement by the sellers of the goods supplied.
- Claim for damage or damage or non-deliveryWill not be entertained by the seller unless they are notified in writing within 14 days of the invoice date and are signed for as damaged on the delivery note.
- Customer’s property
- Except in the case of a customer who is not contracting in the course of a business nor holding himself out as doing so, customer’s property and all property supplied to Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
- Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customer’s property left with Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging Limited before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
- Force MajeureThis contract may be varied or cancelled by the Seller if it is affected by any Act of God, War, Strike, Lock out, Fire, Flood, Drought, Tempest or any other cause beyond control of the Seller whether similar to the foregoing or not, or if the Seller shall for any reason be unable to procure materials or articles required for the performance of the contract.
- Cancellation or amendment to orderAny costs incurred will be invoiced.
- LawThese conditions and all other expressed terms of the contract shall be governed and contracted in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
- ReturnsOnline and Telephone Orders – Customers have 14 days to return unwanted goods. You can only return goods in their original package and in re-salable condition. Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging will issue a refund for the unwanted goods but not for the carriage.
Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging is committed to the protection and privacy of any information you may supply while visiting our website. The following information will explain how we use information received and additionally how you can affect the information received.
What info we collect
The data that we collect includes name and contact details (e.g. email address and postal address). We may also collect information about your preferences and interests.
We do not store any of your card details on our server. We use secure third party payment facilities, Paypal, Stripe and World Pay for online purchases.
We collect information on website usage, however this cannot be attributed to any individual. Our website uses ‘cookies’ to log information about how our website is being used. Information about cookies and other ways we use them is given below.
How we use it
We use personal data to fulfil orders and for marketing purposes (e.g. promotional emails about new products or offers and market research).
We do not sell, distribute or lease any of the data we hold.
Website usage statistics are used to inform improvements to our website.
Disclosure to third parties
We only pass on personal information to a third party (e.g. a delivery company) to enable us to fulfil an order.
Occasionally we may ask for your permission to pass your contact details onto another business or organisation that we endorse. However, we would only do that with your express consent.
Otherwise, the only situation that we would pass your details onto a third party without your consent is if we are required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by the server of a website you are visiting. It is generally used to improve your experience of a website by remembering something you have done on a website (e.g. logging in).
The use of personal information
While using this site, at certain points you may be asked to provide personal information. This is required when ordering a product from our site, joining our mailing list or contacting us via our contact form. The required information vary but could include your name, address, telephone number and email address. It is completely optional for you to engage in any activities that involve the collection of personal information.
Personal information provided by you and any other information relating to you, will be held by Paper Bags Ireland/ JF Walsh Packaging and may be used internally for administration purposes.
We never share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes by mail, telephone, or email.
We may contact you via email to keep you up to date with our latest offers and promotions; however you can opt-out of this service via your online account.
Usage of cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard-drive. This allows the website to remember who you are and in turn improve its service to you upon re-visiting the webpage. It does not, at any time, store your personal information.